International Coach Federation - St. Louis Chapter
As coaches, we believe that all great discoveries and breakthroughs are preceded by curiosity, and we are delighted that your curiosity has led you to us.
Our mission: To advance the art, science, practice, and success of professional coaching in the St. Louis Metropolitan area and surrounding regions of eastern Missouri, southern Illinois, eastern Iowa and northern Arkansas.
Please accept our invitation to come, explore, discover, learn, and grow.
Join us on Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Bringing Conversational Intelligence® to Life in Coaching and Team Facilitation
Ellen Moran, PCC, PhD, will share with us a brief introduction to Judith Glaser’s groundbreaking model of Conversational Intelligence® and some of the core neuroscience principles that are its foundation. Among these is how we shift neurochemistry through our conversations. It uses conversational practices and rituals to down-regulate conversations that trigger stress and up-regulate those that build trust, good health, positive relationships and foster creativity.
"Conversational Intelligence® is the hardwired, and learnable ability to connect, navigate and grow with others through conversations.
– Judith E. Glaser
Using the information presented, coaches will have an opportunity to discuss their personal insights from their own work, practice some of the tools, and reflect on how these can be applied to both individual coaching and corporate team facilitation.
You will learn:
- Key core principles of Conversational Intelligence® Coaching (C-IQ)
- The neuroscience of “protect” versus “partner” interactions with individuals and teams and how trust changes their reality
- Three levels of conversation that impact the effectiveness of individuals and teams to get the results they intend
You will be able to:
- Integrate C-IQ principles into your existing coaching frameworks
- Become aware of the physical signs of how your interventions help or hinder clients in accessing their best thinking and empathic capabilities.
- Learn core practices to embody on a daily basis that impact your effectiveness in working with individuals and teams.
- Gain insights to help your clients engage in healthy conversations as they exchange information, influence each other or create new insights and opportunities together.
There will be 1.5 Core Competencies given for this program.
Ellen Moran, Ph.D, PCC
Ellen is a business psychologist, ICF certified executive coach, facilitator and speaker. She works with leaders and their teams, both nationally and internationally, to create collaborative conversations, cultures and work climates. She uses an array of assessments, processes, concepts and tools that customize the path to outstanding results. She is particularly interested in using concepts and methods that are scientifically based, yet engaging and accessible. A primary focus is equipping leaders to spark employees’ creativity and connection to the business mission and purpose.
She has recently completed her certification as a Conversational Intelligence® Coach. She also serves as faculty for Mercer Delta’s Executive Learning Center and CDC University. Her professional affiliations include the American Psychological Association, the Society for Consulting Psychology, the International Coach Federation and the Neuroleadership Institute. She also serves on the board of the Institute for Work Attitude and Motivation.
ICF St. Louis meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of every month.